Sunday, February 10, 2013

Food in Review (week 3)

Another week done - Another menu completed!

SUNDAY (SUPERBOWL!!): Nachos Supreme

We enjoyed Nachos Supreme with all the fixings during the Big Game!
*Tortilla Chips
*Shredded Chicken
*Cheese
*Sour Cream
*Green Onions
*Black Olives
*Shredded Lettuce
*Salsa
MMMmmmmm! 

MONDAY: (Our Anniversary!) Mexican Lasagna

SEVEN years of wedded bliss deserves a special meal don't ya think? This is one our favorites dinners and with good reason..it's delicious! 

I blogged about it HERE - oh.for.yum. I like to have all my ingredients ready to roll (rice and meat cooked) then my assembly is a piece of cake! 


TUESDAY: Crescent Roll-Up Sandwich/Tator Tots/Peas 

This is one of those super-easy kid-friendly meals that are quick to whip up! You can fill these bad boys with whatever you please...this night I used turkey lunch meat and mozzarella cheese. I take my crescent rolls - lay some meat and cheese in in - and then ROLL 'em up! Bake in the oven as the directions say or until golden brown. 

We dipped ours in mustard - depending on your fillings other dips would be tasty too! I threw some tots in the oven, heated up some peas and called in a meal. Easy Peasy. 

WEDNESDAY: Cherry Berry! 

For reals. Am I the coolest mom ever? Debatable...but with this under my belt I'm getting somewhere! After Joe and I discovered Cherry Berry on our Anniversary outing last weekend we knew the kids would LOVE it -- so I fed them a hearty (and healthy) afternoon snack and went to Cherry Berry for dinner! 

If you've never heard of this wonderful place...let me enlighten you...

It's a self-serve yogurt bar. You choose your flavor(s) and serve yourself a bowl, then add in your toppings and finally weigh it to see what the damage is (you pay by the ounce). Sheer genius.


THURSDAY: Creamy Potato Soup

My trusty Crock Pot helped me out with this one - and it didn't let me down! I found this recipe of Pinterest and gave it a whirl...it'll definitely be in my menus in future weeks. 

Pic from recipe website 

I added in some carrots with the potatoes and then garnished with green onions and BACON! Everything gets better with bacon. 

FRIDAY: Baked Pumpkin French Toast

Another Pinterest find I had to try - I love breakfast for dinner and I love pumpkin...this recipe had both bases covered! Here's the RECIPE that I used. For my bread I used Hawaiian Rolls (tore up into pieces) and I doubled the brown sugar to make it sweeter. Total keeper in my book! The only thing I would suggest is to double it if it's for more than 3 people - it only makes a loaf pan and it served myself and the boys perfectly with no leftovers. 

 Pic from recipe website

So, there's my week. 

Happy Cooking! 





No comments:

Post a Comment