Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Playing Nice

Yesterday we had ECFE and Ethan created quite the quotable moment....

Ethan and I had just finished making a bag for his valentines; I was going to put his bag away to dry (2.5 yo with glue + paper hearts = soggy bag) and he went about his business to find something more to play with me. I look over and he's walking over to a table with 2 little girls and another mom there - he asks me "can we go play over there?", I say "sure".

Then I hear laughter from the mom at the table and the teacher; I missed the actually act but they re-told it beautifully:

* Ethan went over to the table to play - and looks at the 2 girls playing*
Ethan: are you two playing nice?
Girls: yes.
Ethan walks away.

The funny part was: the girls were about to NOT be 'playing nice'; the mom and teacher said the girls were starting to fight over a specific item and then Ethan showed up - asked them if they were playing nice - they stopped fighting over it - and then Ethan moved on.

It was a joke then that Ethan was patrolling the classroom to make sure everyone was 'playing nice'.

I think it's funny because I SAY THAT A LOT at home to my little guys.
Me: Ethan and Judah - are you two playing nice?
Ethan: yes. (and then they stop fighting over the toy)

I love how what we do at home as moms are mirrored by them when we go out! This is a good reminder to all us SAHM to be aware of how we talk to and treat our kids - they could (and probably will!) do the same as us!

1 comment: