Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I wish I were an Octopus...

This morning, while changing a poopy diaper, I found myself laughing at my lack of hands but resourcefulness of the few I have....let me paint a picture for you:

Ethan declared that he had a 'poopy diaper' and wanted it changed; so we get the changing pad out, get the wipes and plop him down to get moving. Diaper's off - (Oh and it was major mess...) - I have his legs up with one hand (no problem right?) - then Judah sees us....here comes trouble. Have I mentioned that Judah's on the move now? and he's fast. So, for some reason, Judah thought this poopy diaper was very interesting and wanted to get it.....Judah rushes over to the production - thank goodness for my left leg! I ward him away from the poopy mess with my leg (while holding Ethan's legs up away from the poopy mess and cleaning his bottom with one hand) whew. THEN - Judah thought maybe he could get to the poopy if he started to TICKLE me by sucking on my ankle! All that did was make me squirm and giggle...which Ethan found hilarious so he started to squirm and giggle - with his legs held in the air with one arm and poopy's still on his bottom. Are you getting this funny picture? Judah sucking my ankle; I'm trying to keep Judah away from the messy diaper; giggly like mad; holding a squirmy/giggle 2 year old's legs up out of his diaper and trying to clean his bottom with my remaining hand. HA. I laugh just reliving it. I wish I were an octopus.... or I can just laugh at the craziness that happens because I'm NOT:)

No comments:

Post a Comment