Monday, May 24, 2010

100th post and a smart kiddo

As I went to create this post I saw that this is my 100th post! woo hoo for me!

Here's a cute story from this afternoon.....
*Background: I had given Ethan 3 Hershey's Kisses and he was sitting on the couch eating them while I was cleaning the kitchen*

Ethan: Mommy I have 3 kisses

Me: Yep you do!

Ethan: Mommy, when I eat one kiss I only have 2 kisses left!


Me: Yes - you're right!


Ethan then eats one kiss


Ethan: Hey Mommy, when I eat one more kiss I only have 1 kiss left!


Me: (becoming more and more impressed) Yes! You're right - good job!


Ethan then eats another kiss


Ethan: Mommy, when I eat this last kiss I will have no more kisses, all gone!


Me: Wow! You're right:)


Ethan eats the last kiss and they are indeed all gone! He successfully (and enthusiastically to boot) told me 3-1=2; 2-1=1; and 1-1=0!


In general I think that's pretty smart for an almost 3 year old - and since I'm a math girl hearing my little guy tell me math, and be excited about it, and get it correct makes me SMILE! Thanks Ethan:)

No comments:

Post a Comment