Friday, May 7, 2010

In the Ceiling?

The other day I was talking to Ethan and using my hands to explain things (surprise surprise! Can I ever talk without moving my hands?) Anyways, I was talking to Ethan about God and when I said 'God' I pointed up to the sky - common right? Well, I continued on with my discussion with Ethan when he interrupted me....

Ethan: "Does God live in the ceiling?"

Me: "No...God is everywhere"

Ethan: "But Mommy, you pointed at the ceiling when you said "God" so God must live in the ceiling"

Me: "Oh I see...I just pointed up there because Heaven's up there"

Ethan: "In the ceiling?"

Me: "well...past the ceiling...way up in the sky"

Ethan: "ok"

Me: "God is everywhere - He's with you and me and daddy...."

Ethan took this knowledge and went on with his day.

Then the next day he was chatting with Grandma Julie and the idea of God living in the ceiling came up again. Grandma Julie (my mom) had heard about the 'ceiling' conversation so she knew what he was talking about when he told her that God lived in the ceiling. She reminded him that God is everywhere - and started listing off all the places that God is and Ethan interrupted her and said..

Ethan: "God's with Mickey Mouse too!"

Now we're trying to explain that Mickey Mouse isn't real....
Smart kid I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment