Friday, April 10, 2009

Where's our focus?


Today is Good Friday and in a few days we will be celebrating the Resurrection of Jesus. The song "Jesus, Thank You" has been on my mind the past few days - as we approach Easter I wonder how many people take the time to actually thank Jesus for what He did; where is our focus this weekend? Is it on candy, eggs and bunnies? Or is it on the death and resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ? The resurrection of Jesus is no little deal - please read/listen to the song below and see what Jesus has done for you. If you don't know why you should thank Jesus, I pray that your eyes will be opened to what He has done for all of us!

Jesus, Thank You
The mystery of the cross I cannot comprehend
The agonies of Calvary
You the perfect Holy One, crushed Your Son
Who drank the bitter cup reserved for me

Your blood has washed away my sin
Jesus, thank You
The Father’s wrath completely satisfied
Jesus, thank You
Once Your enemy, now seated at Your table
Jesus, thank You

By Your perfect sacrifice I’ve been brought near
Your enemy You’ve made Your friend
Pouring out the riches of Your glorious grace
Your mercy and Your kindness know no end

Lover of my soul
I want to live for You

Here's a video with the music and lyrics for the song Jesus Thank You

No comments:

Post a Comment