Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Cranberry Goodness...

Happy Thanksgiving!
We went to my grandparents for dinner and we each brought something to share - my contribution: orange-cranberry relish. yummmmmm. It was absolutely delish atop the turkey - now I want 3rds! (1st for lunch, then 2nd for dinner) I got the idea to jazz up your normal cranberry sauce from Rachael Ray - thanks Rach!




Here's how I did it:

12 oz bag of fresh whole cranberries
1 C water
1 C sugar
zest of 1 orange

boil sugar and water in a pot
add fresh cranberries and bring back to boil
reduce heat and boil lightly for about 10 minutes (or until cranberries pop)
move to a glass dish and cool to room temperature
(after cooled) stir in the zest of one orange
EAT EAT AND EAT SOME MORE!

I put my relish on my turkey, mashed potatoes, and anything else on my fork. It was the perfect combo of cranberry and orange....oh.so.good.

This was my first time working with fresh cranberries; a little intimidated -yes...but it was worth it! Yummy yummy in my tummy:)

1 comment: