Saturday, November 28, 2009

Pumpkin to the rescue!


Do you ever want to make a cake but don't have all the ingredients? Or you don't want to take the time to measure all those ingredients? Or you have a cake mix but no eggs? or no oil? Or you just want to watch you calories around the holiday time? If you say yes to any of those (even if you didn't) read on!



I discovered a super easy - super healthy - super quick way to make cake! (or any cake like stuff - cupcakes count in my book!)

Take your cake mix...

Take a can of pumpkin (pure pumpkin not pumpkin pie)...

mix the two...

**Bake according to the directions on the box (I'm a cupcake fan!)...

you're done.

Voila. How cool is that? I heard about it from Hungry Girl when she appeared on Rachael Ray a while ago. She was promoting it as an alternative way to make desserts and watch you figure. I'm promoting it as an easy (and yummy) alternative to make desserts! I've done it with a Spice Cake mix (tastes like pumpkin bread then) and I've done it with a German Chocolate cake mix (you can barely taste the pumpkin - it makes it sooo moist) I personally added a little bit of water to make it easier to mix together but according to Hungry Girl it's not necessary.

Enjoy my dessert tip and let me know if you have any 'short cut' tips of your own!

1 comment: