Saturday, December 26, 2009

Menu Mania

Over the past 2 years (since Ethan was born and I became a stay-at-home-mama) I have taken in interest in cooking. I love to try new recipes and unique ingredients; but I also like to be frugal. One thing I have benefited from is menu planning - I plan out a handful of meals and then write my grocery list specifically for that. When I go grocery shopping from my list I see a great savings! I have all my ingredients for my meals and don't end up with random, mismatched items that sit in my cupboard for months! Yeah for saving money!

My new adventure is to (try) to blog what I am planning for the week (or so) of meals; I got this idea from a friend of mine, Heidi, who shares her menu every Monday. I have gotten many recipe ideas from her blog and hope to share some here with you!

Our next 5 meals:
Thai Turkey Meatballs/rice/pineapple
Italian Mini Meatloaves/bread
Sesame Noodles/veggies
Parmesan-Crusted Chicken/mashed potatoes
Baked Italian Mac-n-Cheese

I LOVE Rachael Ray and received more of her cookbooks and a subscription for her magazine this Christmas....I suspect a lot of my meals will be inspired by her! YUMO!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! Someone else's menu to try! Can't wait to see some recipes!

    ReplyDelete