Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Easy Homemade LARA Bars

I love easy.

I love healthy.

I love homemade.

Get where I'm going with this?

My sis-in-law introduced me to homemade Lara Bars! So simple. So delicious. After I saw her bars (which looked amazing!) I decided I wanted to join in the fun. Cue: Pinterest.

While rummaging through Pinterest I found a few promising recipes - they all looked very similar and very simple. *Remember I like simple?*

So I tried one. And I loved it. They were gone in 24 hours. My hubster recommended I make MORE next time! Yep, I will.

Here's the original recipe I used....

Homemade Cashew Cookie Lara Bars 
From The Inner Gourmet

NEED:

- 8 oz DATES
- 1/2 cup CASHEWS

DO IT: 

- In your food processor process your cashews till small (think ice-cream topping small). Set aside in bowl.

- Throw your dates in the processor and process till no chunks left. Add into bowl with crushed cashews.

- MIX. I got in there with my clean hands but I'm sure a spoon could do the trick too!

- Spray some plastic wrap and set your 'ball' on it. Fold over tops of wrap and then form into a block and set in fridge for 30 min to harden.

- Take out and cut into desired sizes. I was able to get 8 hearty snack sizes out of this batch (probably equivalent to 4 or 5 store bought bars)

- EAT! I stored mine in the fridge wrapped in wax paper so they were easy to grab and enjoy!


I did the math and with the dates and cashews I bought/used for these it came out to $3.38 for my EIGHT bars! Not too shabby....

I have some other variations pinned and begging to be tried....next up I think I'm going to try the Raw Lemon Lara Bar. It calls for Almonds, Lemon, Cashews and Dates....Mmmmmm.


No comments:

Post a Comment