Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Lazy Hair and Lazy-ER Hair

I have long hair and my go-to style is a ponytail. It's practical, easy and most of all QUICK. I'm all about fast and making the most of my time. Plus - with 3 little boys do you really think I have time to stand in the bathroom and DO my hair? Ha. No. I rarely get to GO to the bathroom by myself...so the idea of spending actual time on my hair -- not really a feasible feat in my current book.

I saw an idea on Pinterest (if I got a quarter every time I said that....I'd be RICH) - anywho - I saw an idea on Pinterest on how to get 'curly' hair overnight from sleeping on it.

I'm all ears. 

What I found was WAY too involved for me - especially when it's nighttime and I'm exhausted.

So, I made up my own 'lazy' version of it.

Then I discovered an even easier (aka: lazy-ER) version.

Now I do it ALL the time. Easy Peasy. Here ya go:

Overnight LAZY HAIR ->

Wash your hair.

Let it air dry about half-way then make a rough part down the middle all the way to the back (think: pigtails).

Starting by your eyes TWIST your hair away from your face grabbing little bits as you move towards the back of your head (kinda like a french braid sans the actual braid)...

...once you twist all your hair on that half keep TWISTING the length of your hair until it twists up on itself creating a little bun.

Take a thin binder and secure around your mini bun.

REPEAT on other side.


The top-right picture is what your TWISTS will look like after you sleep on them (still intact but not as tight).

In the morning, or when your ready to head out for the day, simply UNTWIST your handiwork from the night before. Carefully shake your head and run your fingers through to separate curls if you want. I like to spray a bit of hairspray on to help hold it.

SWEET HUH? I spent all of 10 sec on my hair in the morning (which is perfect with my 3 little crazies) and I have beautiful, relaxed curls! Score in my book.

**The only potential issue with this would be if your hair isn't DRY by the morning....to remedy this just make sure your hair is lightly damp (or almost dry) when you twist if you have to leave in the morning -- normally I don't have to roll out of my house till mid-late morning so I have more time to let it dry**

I was having fun with this 'Lazy' hair and then one night I was just too tired to twist both sides of my head....lame I know.

So, I thought....maybe if I just twist it all I'll get looser curls....wow. I'm a stinking genius! 

Cue: Overnight Lazy-ER hair -> 

Wash hair.

Air dry partially....or almost fully...depending when you need to leave the next day. We've already discussed this...

Pull ALL your hair to the back of your head and start TWISTING (you're twisting where a ponytail would be) -- twist till it starts to twist on itself and fold into a mini-bun. Secure with thin binder.

SLEEP. ZZzzzzz....

Wake up.

This is what you'll wake up to - a falling apart, messy, twist bun. 


Whenever you're ready to go - simply UNTWIST.

Not as curly as before but we don't need curly hair EvErYdAy right? Right.


I like that it gives me something other than stick-straight (which I can't achieve sleeping on wet hair - unless I have a date with my straightener...and we don't really get much date time these days). The extra wave makes it look like I actually tried! Woo-hoo!

And by try I mean I didn't default to a ponytail. Which I'm totally sporting right now. 

Some nights I'm even lazy-ER-er (obviously I'm not an English major) and I'll just go to bed with wet hair.

Then in the morning I'll TWIST my crazy, slept-on hair into a low bun and rock that around the house for a few hours and by the time I leave it's tamed my hair into calm waves.

So - there ya go. Maybe it's helpful? Give it a whirl!

No comments:

Post a Comment