Monday, March 4, 2013

Food in Review (week 6)

MONDAY: Turkey Meatloaf with Roasted Carrots

Mmmm comfort food. Gotta love it. This past Monday I made a turkey meatloaf from this recipe and a side of roasted carrots from this recipe.

Photo from recipe website 

Call me behind the times, but this was my first time ever roasting carrots. Oh.My.Goodness those are good! My kids gobbled them up and both Joe and I couldn't get enough of them! So simple and so sweet. Needless to say - they are on the menu again this week. 

TUESDAY: White Turkey Chili over Rice

I used this recipe as a base and tweaked it to fit what I wanted to use. Instead of chicken I used ground turkey and used my basic chili seasonings (chili powder, cumin, garlic). I served this chili over a bowl of rice - Mmmmm.... 

WEDNESDAY: Pepperoni Pizza Bites with Broccoli

How fun is this meal? Pretty fun you'll see...

I based my idea of this recipe but used a different dough and different baking method...same concept though! 

Ingredients: 
3 tubes refriderated Buttermilk biscuits (total of 30) 
Mozzarella Cheese cut in small chunks
Pepperoni 
Butter (I melted garlic into mine) 

1. Flatten down each biscuit a little
2. Lay a slice of pepperoni on it 
3. Put a piece of mozzarella cheese on top


4. Fold edges of biscuit up and seal top
5. Place little pizza packages in 9x13 pan with sides touching


6. Brush melted butter over biscuits and bake according to package or until tops are brown


DIP in warmed marinara sauce! Yum and Fun! 

Serve it with a healthy side and call it good. My go-to for this night was steamed broccoli - everyone's a broccoli fan in this house! 

THURSDAY: Vegetable Minestrone

I saw this recipe on Pinterest and gave it a whirl....meh. It wasn't AmAzInG but it wasn't horrible....meh. 

It's full of veggies and is great for a chilly winter day! 

Here's the recipe I followed. 

Photo from recipe website

To help fill us up I served this with a side of crackers and cheese. Mmmmm cheese. 

FRIDAY: LazyMan Lasagna

This one's a keeper. Easy. Yummy. Feeds a crowd. 

Here's the recipe. I used bow-tie pasta to more emulate 'real' lasagna noodles and love the way it turned out! I decided to use chopped spinach for the veggie aspect of it and it meshed perfectly with the rest of the dish. I had thoughts of adding in chopped mushrooms but I'm glad I didn't -- the spinach itself was great! 
Photo from recipe website

I've eaten these leftovers for the past 3 lunches! It's that good (and it makes THAT much!) Try it. 

SATURDAY: Papa Murphy's 

I love a good deal. In our local newspaper I found some sweet coupons for Papa Murphy's and then in a mailer I found more coupons for Papa Murphy's....guess what we're eating for dinner this night? Yep. Papa Murphy's. I totally mis-matched the coupons together to get an even better deal! 

$6 Large Pepperoni Pizza
FREE 2-Liter Pop
FREE Cookie Dough

That was our ever-so-healthy dinner on Saturday. The kids thought it was so FUN! Pair this with a RedBox movie and you have a special Saturday night. 

That's our week in review! I have a lot of fun food planned for this week and can't wait to share it with you. A few new recipes and a few old recipes....







No comments:

Post a Comment