Thursday, April 15, 2010

Toddler Logic

This morning Ethan (purposefully) tipped over his bucket of crayons. A little while later I requested he pick them up. After a few minutes (of what I thought was him picking them up) I hear from the living room....

Ethan: "Mommy are you my friend?"
Me: "Yes I am!"
Ethan: "Ok. Then can you help me pick up my crayons?"
Me: "No, you tipped them over, you can pick them up. You're doing great bud!"
.
.
.
.
Ethan: "Mommy are you my friend?"
Me:"Of course I'm you friend Ethan"
Ethan: "Then can you help me pick these up?"
Me: "No Ethan, you're doing a great job! Keep it up!"
.
.
.
.
Ethan: "Mommy are you my friend?"
Me: "Yes Ethan...."
Ethan: "Then can you help me pick these up?"

and on and on.... eventually all the crayons did get picked up but I got a kick out of his logic:

If you're my friend, then you should help me.

Makes sense in most cases right? Smart kid I tell ya. I think he caught onto that when we call him and Judah friends and they 'help' each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment