Thursday, September 9, 2010

MN State Fair

Last week we brought the kids to the MN State Fair! It was their first time and they absolutely L.O.V.E.D it.
The park and ride was a great way to start the trip! Both boys were thrilled with riding on a big coach bus (and Joe and I were thrilled to save money on parking!)
After walking around for a few hours we met up with my grandpa and my parents - my grandpa had a full-time job at the Fair (a management job) and was able to show us some really cool spots and gave us some sweet coupons!
We visited the Little Hands Farm and both boys were in their element:) Judah didn't quite grasp the whole thing but Ethan followed ALL the directions to a 'T'
They got to gather corn; feed chickens; gather eggs; moved hay; picked apples; got wool from a sheep; milk a cow; and sell stuff at a Farmer's Market! Then they got a 'dollar' for selling their goods and got to 'buy' a treat:) Ethan chose an apple and Judah chose Cheerios. (Of course all the animals were fake) so.much.fun.
Ethan saw the kiddy-midway and wanted to try a ride; we said yes:) He tried the 'pirate ship' with daddy and loved it!
He then convinced us to let him do one more; I got to go on the 'whale' ride with him:) It went "up and down" as you can see from our hand motions...
In good Fair-style we had LOTS of food! The most unique thing we had was a "Tator-Twister" - oh.my.gosh.good. I could've eaten 3 of them. alone.
Joe got a German Root Beer and all of us sipped out of it - not too sure what made it 'German' but it was good! I love how Judah was trying to get his mouth on the straw:)
We brought the boys to see the 3rd Lair Skatepark show - there were skateboarders and bikers - I ADORE the boys' faces of DELIGHT when the show started! They were sooooo excited!
We met back up with my parents again before we left and Ethan got a special Carousel ride; Judah saw and wanted to do it too!
He got his special ride too:)

What a wonderful day at the Fair! I'm already looking forward to next year! I love you Great Minnesota Get-Together!

No comments:

Post a Comment