Friday, February 4, 2011

5 years!

FIVE years ago I married my best friend:) Oh how time flies!
I can vividly remember that day...getting my hair done, getting my makeup done, getting a caribou caramel cooler to calm my nerves, lots of pictures, waiting for the ceremony....waiting....then BLINK...we're married! The ceremony went by sooo fast!

I do remember walking down the isle - or in my case walking down STAIRS - with a death grip on my dad's arm and my train of my dress getting STUCK on a screw or something! ack! Keeping my cool I stopped - looked back at my train - then thankfully the person sitting in that isle spot unhooked my dress. whew. Other than that the ceremony went off without a hitch (or any that I can remember 5 years later!!)
I still remember back in 2005 when we were trying to find a date for our wedding; we looked in January and I peeked ahead to February just to see what the dates looked like; and when I say 'look' I literally mean 'look'..and I found the COOLEST 'looking' date!

02-04-06! Call me a nerd. I'll take it:) It's nearly impossible to forget our wedding anniversary...two-four-six! Fits perfectly with my math background eh? I totally planned that.

It's been fun to reflect back on our 5 years of marriage...what a FULL 5 years it has been! It makes me excited for the next 5 years!

Joe and I just got back from a WONDERFUL anniversary date evening...I may devote a whole post to it (hopefully!)

I thank God daily for my awesome husband and wonderful children - I can't imagine my life without them!

1 comment: