Friday, April 12, 2013

Breakfast Cookies

I love breakfast. Mmmmm. I'm all about easy-healthy-fast breakfast stuff (cause I'm most definitely NOT a morning person....)

I found this VeRy EaSy basic recipe on Pinterest - TWO ingredients? Could it get any easier?

Here's the LINK that I used as my base.

Here's what I did:

Breakfast Cookie
From TheBurlapBag.com

Ingredients:
2 Bananas (the riper the better! Non-ripe bananas still work though...just more effort to mash them)
1 Cup Oats (the recipe calls for Quick Cooking Oats - which I didn't have. I used a packet of flavored instant oats (1/2 cup) and 1/2 cup old fashioned oats)

*I added in a tad of vanilla so technically I used 3 ingredients* 


DO IT: 

1. Mash you bananas in a bowl.

2. Mix in your oats (and vanilla if want).

3. Stir in Add-Ins of choice (chocolate chips, nuts, etc..) I kept mine simple this time with no add-ins.

4. SPRAY cookie sheet. Don't forget this step. Can you imagine scrubbing off baked on oatmeal?? ick. SPRAY IT. 

5. BAKE at 350* for 15 min.

6. ENJOY!


Verdict: These were super EASY and really YUMMY! My kids liked them and I probably should've doubled it - they were gobbled up it 5 minutes.

I read (and agree) that using Old Fashioned Oats would probably yield a tougher cookie since the oats don't get cooked as quick. I wonder if you made the mix and let it sit for a while (overnight in the fridge maybe?) if the Old Fashioned Oats would soak up some of the liquid and cook better. Since I used half instant and half O.F. mine came out fine - not too tough. The flavor from the instant pack added a nice touch too! I used an Apple/Cinnamon packet which paired well with the bananas....Mmmm.

I will definitely be doing this one again and experimenting with different add-ins and types of oats! 

No comments:

Post a Comment