Thursday, April 11, 2013

Food in Review (week 11)

Another week complete! Here's an abbreviated list of what we ate...

...I'll go in detail with some of them soon! I promise.

MONDAY: Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken 

Link: Here.

DO IT. This one ROCKS! 

TUESDAY: Tilapia/Rice/Broccoli 

Nothing special to it - I baked our fish with a little EVOO/Pepper/Lemon Zest.

Served with Rice and Broccoli - done!

WEDNESDAY: Turkey Wild Rice Casserole 

Link: Here. 

The recipe calls for chicken but I like to switch it up and used ground turkey this time - verdict? Yum. Totally works. Classic comfort food right here! It's like Wild Rice Soup in a pan.

THURSDAY: Ravioli Lasagna

I have plans to blog in detail the recipe for this soon....very soon! I'll give you a brief overview:

It's a lazyman (or lazyGirl in my case) lasagna layered with Cheese Ravioli, your fave Red Sauce, Italian Sausage and Cheese. Easy Peasy - and totally delicious! This is a perfect freezer meal or dish to bring to someone. Stay tuned for the complete recipe!

FRIDAY: Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers

Link: Here. 

Meh. I was underwhelmed by this one. I dig the idea of stuffed peppers in the slow cooker and the peppers themselves came out great - I just wasn't a fan of the stuffed part....I'll try it again with some tweaking (cause that's what I do!) and find the perfect filling. When I discover that - you better believe I'll share it!

**In the defense of the recipe website I didn't follow their recipe exactly...so perhaps the amounts and ingredients they have would be great!**

So, there's a quick overview of what was on our table last week - I'll share the complete Ravioli Lasagna recipe soon. It's an easy, fail-proof, yummy dish you'll want to check out!

No comments:

Post a Comment