Monday, April 1, 2013

Jalapeño-Bacon Cheese Ball!

Wow. Make this.


If you like bacon (who doesn't??) and if you like cheese (again...who doesn't??) then you need to get this in your mouth ASAP.

For Easter yesterday I brought a Jalapeño-Bacon Cheese Ball with some fancy crackers to add to the appetizer spread.

It was my first attempt at a cheese ball. I thought it looked easy enough and had a cool presentation...plus I got to make a sphere! I was a little 'type-A/perfectionist' with the whole sphere deal...and it paid off! Finally - all my PLAYDOH skills were put to good use - I knew they'd come in handy someday!

Jalapeño-Bacon Cheese Ball
Adapted from BrownEyedBaker

Ingredients 
8 ounces cream cheese - room temp
1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
6-7 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
2-3 jalapeños, seeded and chopped
1 garlic cloves, grated
1 tablespoon parsley
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1 teaspoon garlic powder

In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, cheddar, bacon, jalapeños, grated garlic, parsley and cumin.

I started with a spoon and quickly realized this wasn't going to cut it....I re-washed my hands extra good and got in there! Mix 'er up really well and then use your mad playdoh skills to form it into a perfect sphere.

On a big plate mix your pecans and garlic powder. ROLL your sphere around in the pecans - slightly pressing them in as your turn it.

Lay your beautiful-nut-covered-sphere on a piece of plastic wrap and wrap it up. CHILL for at least an hour (more if possible) to set.



ENJOY spread on some crackers! 

Notes:
*I BAKE my bacon in the oven - by far the best method! 
*I baked 12 pieces of bacon....and then ate 1/2 of them. Leaving me with the perfect amount. Totally planned. Or not... I like bacon. 
*I used 2 BIG jalapeños...I'm sure 3 normal/small peppers would work too! 
*I have a sweet microplane tool I use to grate my garlic...highly recommend it! If you don't have one you could easily chop the garlic too. 
*When not devouring the cheese ball store in the fridge. 

You're Welcome. 


No comments:

Post a Comment