Sunday, March 14, 2010

Happy pi Day!

Happy pi Day everyone! Today is March, 14th (3 month, 14th day) which means it's pi day! *3.14*

To anyone who cares here's the wonderful pi for you:

3.14159265358979323846264338327950288...

And to those who don't care so much for pi but rather care for pie this is for you:
Vanilla Mousse Cheesecake! (I know it's not 'pie' but close enough...)

I made my very first baked cheesecake in my new springform pan and oh-my-it-was-good!
Joe and I have almost consumed the entire cheesecake (and I made it a dew days ago...)

Here's the recipe for it so you can indulge as well! ENJOY!

Vanilla Mousse Cheesecake
from Rachael Ray EveryDay Magazine, April 2010

40 Nilla wafers, crushed (about 1 1/2 cups)
3 Tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
4 pkg. (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened, divided
1 cup sugar, divided
1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon vanilla, divided
3 eggs
1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip, thawed

Heat oven to 325 degrees. Mix wafer crumbs and butter;
press onto bottom of 9 inch springform pan.

Beat 3 packages cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar and 1 Tablespoon vanilla
with mixer until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed
after each just until blended. Pour over crust.

Bake 50-55 minutes, or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim
of pan to loosen cake; cool completely in pan.

Beat remaining cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with mixer in a large bowl
until well blended. Whisk in Cool Whip; spread over cheesecake.

Refrigerate 4 hours. Remove rim of pan before serving cheesecake.
Garnish with fresh berried if desired. *I like to drizzle chocolate!*

Hope you had a piece of pie (or cheesecake!) in honor of pi day today!

Hooray for 3.14!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious, Kendra! Thanks for hopping over to my blog - good to reconnect with you as well! Your boys are darling! How far apart are they? So precious...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boys are 18 months apart:) It's always a little crazy around here because of them but I wouldn't have it any other way! They are very joy-filled kids - and it looks like you can relate with your little Bella:) She is adorable and I love her spunky-ness (from what I gather from your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wife of my brother.... you are making me have cravings for things that i cannot have while at work! how dare you!! haha j/k

    that looks amazing. i do believe i am officially requesting that for my birthday this year! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tom - remind around your birthday and I will gladly make you one! It is delish:)

    ReplyDelete