Monday, March 1, 2010

Thai It, You'll Like It Chicken!

Oh my dear friend Rachael Ray; we have spent many evenings together cooking in my kitchen! (Now, if I actually knew her that would be way cooler..I know her only from her books and shows)

I found this cookbook (the original 30 minute meals) at a used bookstore in Washburn, WI last summer...little did I know then what that little purchase would do to our meals! Since then, I have gotten many other of her cookbooks; have become much more brave in the kitchen; and LOVE to cook! Who would've guessed? Thanks Rach:)



I thought I would share one of my favorites from her original cookbooks - "Thai It, You'll Like It Chicken" *gotta love the crazy names:)*

Thai It, You'll Like It Chicken
Rachael Ray; 30 minute meals

2 Tablespoons sesame, peanut or vegetable oil
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch strips
3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
1 serrano hot pepper, seeded and minced (looks like a mini jalapenos; sometimes I use jalapenos instead and sometimes I just skip it)
4 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
2 Tablespoons Thai Fish sauce (can substitute a few shakes of soy sauce...that's what I do)
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 cup water
1 cup loosely packed basil leaves
Jasmine Rice, cooked

In a wok or nonstick skillet, heat oil over high heat till hot. Stir-fry chicken for 4 minutes. Add red bell pepper, garlic, and Serrano. Cook for 2 or 3 minutes. Add hoisin, fish sauce, sugar and water. Throw in basil and toss till it wilts. Dump out onto a bed of jasmine rice. Garnish with any extra basil leaves.

*the recipe says it feeds 4 well; Joe and I (and a serving for the kiddos) can finish off the whole pan in one sitting...either that means we eat A LOT or it's really good....or both!

I always forget to take pictures of my food (probably because I am so excited to eat it!) sorry I don't have a visual for you on this! It turns out really pretty though with the white rice and bright red peppers and sauce...hmmm I think I want some now....

ENJOY!

p.s. people that I have talked to about my dear friend Rach either lover her recipes or really dislike them....so hopefully this one will be on your good list!

No comments:

Post a Comment