Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Potty talk

Ethan has some issues with #2's...always has since he was born. We load his diet up with fiber and encourage him when it's time to go...but that's not what this post is ultimately about....it's about what he SAID while he was trying....without further stalling here you go.....

*in the bathroom; Ethan on the toilet; trying to go #2*

Me: Great job Ethan! Keep pushing!

Ethan's pushing....
then he stops - grabs my knee and says with ALL seriousness:
Ethan: mommy! The monkey's are holding onto the poopies so I can't push them out!

Me: what? (while trying sooo hard to hide my laughter because he said this so seriously)

Ethan: the monkey's inside of me and holding the poopies and won't let go so I can't push them out!

Me: (trying to roll with it) maybe if you push they will let go

Ethan: (pushes and then stops suddenly) NO! When I push it scares the monkeys and I don't want to scare them!

...about 20 minutes later he did have success and hasn't talked about the monkeys since then. How he came up with that is beyond me; but it'll be a good story to tell him when he gets older!

1 comment: