Sunday, July 11, 2010

Wait a little longer....

God has decided that it will be a little longer until we add baby #3 to our family; two weeks ago He called our tiny baby home. I was 9 weeks pregnant when I miscarried…two weeks later and it, the miscarriage, is almost complete.


I am not mad at God for it; I know His plan is perfect and He has a plan for our family. I have wondered ‘why’ but am able to rest in the fact that God is sovereign and nothing that happens to me is a surprise to Him – He plans it all.


I’m learning to be content in every situation – even these tough ones.


Not that I am speaking of being in need,

for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.

I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound.

In any and every circumstance,

I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger,

abundance and need.

I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

Philippians 4:11-13


I can now say that I have been ‘brought low’ – and I can confidently say I can do all things through Him who strengthens me…even go through a hard miscarriage.


I’m slowly re-entering my normal routines with the kids; it’s getting easier to talk about and I know that will continue to improve with time.


God is good – all the time – even the tough times! Blessed be the name of the Lord!

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear that Kendra! It seems like a lot of my family and friends have been experiencing miscarriages lately but they have all been leaning on God for comfort.

    We will be praying for your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Jamie! Your prayers are appreciated:)

    ReplyDelete