Thursday, June 16, 2011

26 weeks

How Far Along: 26 weeks! (well, yesterday...I lost track of time:)

Size of baby: He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. (thanks, BabyCenter.com!)

Milestones: The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. (Thanks again, BabyCenter.com!)

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 12ish pounds

Maternity Clothes: Maternity bottoms for sure; mostly maternity tops but I can still pull off empire waist and baby doll tops in regular sizes:)

Gender: BOY:)

Movement: Yep! He loves to kick Judah when he sits in my lap:)

Sleep: It's a little harder to get comfortable at night but once I fall asleep it's so nice:) Still loving my naps most days - Ethan will ask me why I'm not sleeping during rest time if I have to do other stuff (aka: make a grocery list or clean!)

What I miss: Sleeping on my tummy and back...I find myself waking up in the night on my back and I FREAK out! I turn over to my side and go back to sleep:) I do love the feeling on laying on your stomach a few days after giving birth...feels so good!

Cravings: I saw a commercial for cheesecake with berries on top...MMmmm that looks good!! I'm still drinking LOTS of water and can't seem to get enough!

Symptoms: My growing belly;)

Best Moment This Week: Laying in bed last night trying to remember how far along I was (hey, I have 2 crazy kids - it's easy to lose track of it!) and realize that I was 26 weeks yesterday! I'm sad that it's going by so fast but super excited to meet the little guy!

What I'm Looking Forward To: I have my midwife appointment next week and get (aka: HAVE) to retake my glucose tolerance test. They tested me early a few weeks back since I had GD with Judah and I passed that one...now this is the 'normal' time to test and I'm hoping I'll pass again! I'm not looking forward to actually drinking the nasty stuff but AM looking forward to getting the (hopefully positive) results!

No comments:

Post a Comment