Thursday, June 9, 2011

BIRTHDAY BOY!

Happy Birthday to my wonderful son, Ethan! It's hard to believe that it's been FOUR years since I pushed that little man out:)

We have a standing playdate every Thursday with some of Ethan's friends and since today was Ethan's big day we brought cookies for everyone! It was sooo cute to hear his little friends sing "happy birthday" to him - he was sung to 3 different times! Adorable.

After our playdate we came home for lunch - Ethan really enjoyed last night's dinner so he requested leftovers for lunch (made it easy on me!)The afternoon was pretty normal: rest time then play time. Once dad came home the boys went out and grilled up the meat for our birthday dinner! *Judah is out there...just not sitting by the grill*Ethan requested the entire menu for tonight (and thankfully I had everything on hand for it!) - we had: Grilled Chicken, Rice, Brussels Sprouts and Corn! *I LOVE that my FOUR year old requested that! I was thinking he would say 'pizza' or 'burgers' but no....Brussels Sprouts!**Don't mind his mouth full of Brussels Sprouts - he couldn't wait till after the picture! He pops those things like candy!!*

After dinner we gave Ethan his gift from us; Judah came with me to Target last night and helped me pick out Ethan's gift. We decided on a fishing game and an auto-bubble maker!He was very excited about both of them!For dessert Ethan made a specific request for chocolate cupcakes with mint frosting....strange because he normally doesn't like 'cake' type things. I made it anyways:)
We serenaded him and he blew out his FOUR candles:)
He actually ate over HALF of the cupcake! I guess when you turn four you try new things!

What a fun day for my fun little man!

Ethan had a party last weekend and another one this weekend - I'll post pictures from both soon!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ETHAN! I LOVE YOU DEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment