Monday, June 27, 2011

1 year later

As I sit here on the couch - my feet propped up - browsing blogs and facebook it dawned on me what the date it today....JUNE 27th. Not a big deal to many - but it's a date that I will forever remember. It's the date that God called my precious unborn baby home one-year ago.

I learned a lot in that year. I learned that not everything goes according to my plan; I learned to mourn; I learned to be patient; I learned to trust and I learned to be content in my current situations.

One year later I sit here on the couch and praise God for His perfect plan and timing - I praise God for the little baby boy I feel dancing in me as I type! I praise God for teaching me all the tough lessons I needed to learn. I praise God that HE is in control of all things and not me...now that would be a mess:)

A major lesson I learned through the whole miscarriage is to be CONTENT. To be content in every situation; being pregnant or not - having a job or not - having well behaved children or not - and on and on!

I mentioned a long time ago the newest tattoo I got (last August) and it was inspired by the overwhelming theme of being content that I learned last summer.

It's the Greek word for 'content' from Philippians 4:11

11 Not that I am speaking of being in need,
for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.

12 I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound.
In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need.

13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

One year later. One year stronger. One year wiser. Thank you God!

Lord willing next June 27th we'll have 3 little boys running around ages 5, 3.5 and 9 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment