Thursday, August 18, 2011

35 weeks post!

How Far Along: 35 weeks, 1 day! (opps I forgot to do this last night...)

Size of baby: Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon) (thanks, BabyCenter.com!)

Milestones: His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight. (Thanks again, BabyCenter.com!)

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 20/21ish pounds. We'll find out 'officially' next week at my 36 week appointment.

Maternity Clothes: Yep! I've been living in my maternity yoga pants, yoga capris and yoga shorts. What can I say...they're super comfy!!

Gender: BOY:)

Movement: Yes. Double Yes. This kid is a mover!

Sleep: I nap almost everyday again. It takes a while to fall asleep at night...that whole getting comfortable thing:)

What I miss: My lap? I'm almost positive I dropped and hence when I sit I don't have a lap at all! My baby belly is sitting right where my use-to-be lap is. :) It's a funny feeling.

Cravings: Right at this second: watermelon. Do we have any? nope. I've still been guzzling water like no one's business (oh the joys of pregnancy in the summertime!)

Symptoms: Belly - check. Absence of lap - check. Swollen fingers - check. Pregnancy brain - double check!

Best Moment This Week: My birthday was Tuesday and was really fun! I got to eat out both meals (hooray for NO dishes for me!) and got to tutor math (well, that's a weekly deal but it was fun to use my math brain on my birthday). Everyone who saw me on my birthday agreed that it looked like I dropped...stay in there baby!

What I'm Looking Forward To: My 36 week appointment next week! I want to see if all my braxton hicks and my what-feels-like dropping is doing anything! But on the other hand I REALLY want this baby to stay in there till 37 weeks so I can do a water birth...they won't allow water births unless you are 37 or more weeks. 2 weeks. Stay in there 2 weeks. Watch...I'll go till 41 weeks...wouldn't that be funny? not really:)

No comments:

Post a Comment