Saturday, August 27, 2011

Freezer Meals

I've said it a million times...I'm nesting. A lot:) The last two days I've gone to town with making freezer meals!

Earlier in the week I sat down and made a list of oven meals that I could easily make and freeze. With my list in hand I hit up two grocery stores (I couldn't get all my ingredients at my 'discount' grocery store so I had to stop at good ole Target:) and picked up some tin-foil baking dishes to ease cleanup!

Yesterday was the big day: I had half my meat thawing in the fridge over night; I got up and got to work! At 7:30am I made myself at home in the kitchen and cranked out 4 meals by 9:30am - way to go me! By 9:30 the boys were eager for some more attention and I was eager to get out of the kitchen. Ethan did help me with 2 of the 4 meals - and was actually a help!

This morning I was determined to crank out the remainder of my meals I had planned...I didn't start as early (come on..it's Saturday) but I had the added bonus of Joe being home and playing with the kids. I browned up a HUGE 3 lb tube of ground beef then made the rest of my meals!

Here's what my list of freezer meals:
Oven Mac-n-Cheese (big dish)
Ravioli Lasagna (big dish)
Tator Tot Hotdish (2 small dishes)
Turkey Chili (2 meal size baggies)
Sloppy Joe meat mix (1 meal sized bag)
Beef/Bean Enchiladas (2 small dishes)
Chicken Mexican Lasagna (1 small dish)

Count 'em TEN meals! And the 'big dish' meals will definitely give us leftovers:) I'm hoping that these meals in conjunction with meals from my MOMS group and meals from friends/family will keep me out of the kitchen for dinner time for a good chunk of time!

1 comment: