Wednesday, August 24, 2011

9 months!

*don't mind the tired eyes, forced tired smile and general "do you really need to take a picture of me?" look - It's after 10pm and I was productive today!*

How Far Along: 36 weeks! 9 months! Crazy to think that my little Judah was born at this time...

Size of baby: Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. (thanks, BabyCenter.com!)

Milestones: He's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered his body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected his skin during his nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of his first bowel movement. eww. (Thanks again, BabyCenter.com!)

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I had my 36 week appointment today and I'm 19 lbs up from when I got pregnant! Not too shabby!

Maternity Clothes: Yep! I've been living in my maternity yoga pants, yoga capris and yoga shorts. What can I say...they're super comfy!!

Gender: BOY:)

Movement: YES.

Sleep: Hard to fall asleep but once I'm out...I'm out...till I have to pee. Which is like 2 times a night:)

What I miss: Sleeping through the night? (see peeing comment) I am FULLY aware that it will be quite some time before I sleep through the night again though:)

Cravings: I was able to conquer my watermelon craving from last week and single handed (almost) eat an entire personal size watermelon-- they call them 'personal' sized for a reason right? :) Today: Not sure what sounds good enough to be called a craving....maybe an ICEE?

Symptoms: Same same...Belly - check. Absence of lap - check. Swollen fingers - check. Pregnancy brain - double check!

Best Moment This Week: Having my appointment and getting the great news (and anticipated) that baby is HEAD DOWN, DROPPED and I'm 'softening'...I'm also dilated to 1+ but that doesn't mean much seeing that when I labor everything goes FAST (ie: dilation from next to nothing to 10 in record time!) Now hopefully baby will stay in and cook another week...I really want to do a water-birth and they won't let me unless I'm at least 37 weeks!

What I'm Looking Forward To: Laying low for the next week; I wanna keep him in there for another week then watch out - I'm back at the gym (I've taken a week off) and will try and encourage little man to make his entrance!

No comments:

Post a Comment