Friday, August 19, 2011

I must be a bird...

..'cuz I'm nesting like mad!

Remember when I said I made my 'to-do' list for pre-baby? and that is was super long? I am proud to say that I have crossed off a good ole chunk of it! Thank you nesting!

Here's what I've been up to:

*went through the boys clothes
*changed the bunk beds to traditional format
*moved the boys toy kitchen and blackboard/whiteboard to the sunroom (make more room in their room!)
*got a new shelf to store/organize the boys toys in their room
*went through ALL (when I say 'all' I literally mean ALL!!) their toys and reorganized them! whew. that was a back breaker.
*got all our preemie and newborn boys clothes out of storage and washed them
*got a free (thanks Heather!) drawer-storage thing for the baby clothes - it's going to fit on top of the boys dresser so it won't take any floor space...score!
*got our infant car seat down from the attic - cleaning it is on my to-do list for tomorrow:)
*bought material at Walmart (who knew Walmart had fabric? I didn't! that rocks.) to make a Moby wrap! I spent $11 on enough fabric to make TWO wraps (so if one's in the wash I have an extra) $11. enough said.
*rearranged (Joe..not me) our bedroom to accommodate the cradle - there's a beautiful little spot right next to my side of the bed:)

Do I sound productive? I sure feel it!

Here's an uber-embarassing photo of the ridiculous amount of toys my kids have....I have ALL of the toys they own in the room here (everything from their room, the living room, the sunroom, etc..) Don't think that they were living with all that in there - I went around and got ALL their toys and pulled them out of bins and organized everything....like I said - back breaking! But I did it! Pat on the back for me:)

Here's the new shelf we picked out to help organize all their stuff; the boys LOVE it! It's nice that everything (or almost everything) has a place and the boys know where to put it. I hope this will help maintain a clean room - so far so good! I can say "clean up your toys before we go" and within 5 minutes their floor is clean - all I can say is awesome.

We had to give our free drawer-storage-thing a quick rub-down with soap and water and I enlisted my little helpers...They had a blast washing them out! And I had a blast NOT bending over to wash them myself;)

I still have a few things (ahem...more than a few) on my list but the big ones are getting crossed off! SO exciting! We're picking up the cradle this Sunday and will have that in our room to stare at and dream of our baby - awwh:) Way to go nesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment