Thursday, December 9, 2010

Muddy Buddies....Puppy Chow!

Remember last Tuesday when I said I was so excited to make 'puppy chow'? Well, I made it and it didn't disappoint! It brought me back to my high school days for some reason; I must not have had it since then! With the Christmas season upon us I thought this would (and will be!) and great appetizer to bring to those Holiday parties! I'm all about easy and saving money - this one especially helps with the $$ for us - we get the cereal and peanut butter on WIC! Double score:)

Go ahead and try it - I made a half batch yesterday (simply because I had 1 gallon bags not 2 gallon) and it is wonderful!
Image from Betty Crocker
Chex Muddy Buddies
*from back of Rice Chex Box*

9 cups Corn Chex®, Rice Chex®, Wheat Chex® or Chocolate Chex® cereal (or combination) *I like Rice Chex, nice and light*
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar


1. Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.

2. In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.

3. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.

Could it get any easier for a delicious chocolate-peanut-butter snack? You don't even need the oven or stove - Oh yeah:)

I'm joining in the Holly Jolly Blog Hop from Natalie over at Extraordinary Love! Have fun hopping around and finding lots of great recipes for this time of year!

Windy Poplars


1 comment:

  1. Found you through the Blog Hop... and these definitely bring me back to parties from my childhood! They are so good! Your two boys are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete