Wednesday, July 27, 2011

8 months!


How Far Along: 32 weeks - 8 months!

Size of baby: By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. (thanks, BabyCenter.com!)

Milestones: He now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). His skin is becoming soft and smooth as he plumps up in preparation for birth. (Thanks again, BabyCenter.com!)

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 18 pounds- I had my appointment yesterday so I actually know my weight:)

Maternity Clothes: Yep:) Maternity tops for sure; maternity bottoms when I 'go out' and regular sweats and cotton shorts for lounging (or really anything besides Church and tutoring!)

Gender: BOY:)

Movement: He's my little mover!

Sleep: I get really tired at night but it takes forever to fall asleep! I think it's hard to find a comfortable position in our bed. I'm still napping pretty much everyday on the couch (which somehow I fall asleep right away!)

What I miss: Joe, Jordan, Ty, Christie and Luke did the Warrior Dash this past weekend and I admit I missed not being able to run in it too...but a BABY is SO worth it! I'll be in it next year - watch out!

Cravings: I've been drinking a lot of Gatorade and water - trying to stay hydrated in this wonderful summer heat! Chewy cookies have been a yummy treat too:)

Symptoms: My growing belly:) My fingers are starting to swell just a little..it's getting harder and harder to remove my ring at night. I'm sooo hoping I can wear it all the way to the end though!

Best Moment This Week: I had my 32 week appointment yesterday and I brought the kids with me - side note: they did AWESOME! - it was really neat to see their reactions to hearing the heartbeat:)

What I'm Looking Forward To: We recently picked up some paint to spruce up the house a little before the baby comes - I'm totally looking forward to that! I remember spending LOTS of time in the living room late into the evening with new babies and am excited to spend it in a 'pretty' living room:)

No comments:

Post a Comment