Monday, July 18, 2011

Baby on the brain

My kids are starting to latch onto the idea that I have a REAL baby in me! It is adorable:) I'm sure the fact that I'm a lot rounder and that my roundness will kick them is helping...

I've been trying to remember some of the cute questions/comments that they've been asking me about their baby brother -- OF COURSE there's a TON where I say to myself "that is soooo funny! I need to write that down!" and then I don't. Fail. Here's a few that I do remember...

**I was walking in front of Ethan and he said to me:
Ethan: Mommy! The baby's sure is making your back bigger!
Me: Thanks bud:)

**Judah looking at my belly:
Judah: Mommy has baby in her tummy and my have belly in my tummy!
*gotta love the 2-yr old dialect!

**Ethan watching me take a drink of water on a VERY HOT day:
Ethan: Thanks mommy for giving the baby a drink of water - I think my baby brother was thirsty.

**It was down-pouring rain the other week and everyone had raincoats on except me (I had an umbrella)
Ethan: MOMMY! The baby doesn't have a raincoat! It's going to get all wet!

**Both Ethan and Judah are convinced that we should name the baby IRON MAN. Oh boy.

**Both boys are recently obsessed with pretending their stuffed animals are babies; they put the babies to sleep, feed them, calm them down, tell me to whisper and on and on!

I know there were other funny quotes they've said to me but of course I can't remember them...blame it on pregnancy brain? yep. That's what I'm going with:)

Ethan asked once how babies were made...oy. Come on buddy, you're only 4...give me a few years to come up with an eloquent answer! I kinda-sorta side-stepped it and said we'd talk more about it later - he hasn't brought it up since. whew. Daddy might have to tackle that one:)

All I know is that Ethan and Judah are both PUMPED for their baby brother to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment