Saturday, July 2, 2011

I love summer

I really, really do! The heat, the sun and the water! Today was a wonderful picture of why I love summer....lots of heat, sun and water!

We started out the day with at the beach with lots of sand toys and a picnic lunch in hand - of course we were having TOO much fun that I forgot to take any pictures:) opps. You can picture it: Beach blanket on the green grass pulled up to the sandy beach where the kids played for hours making sandcastles....ahhh love it.

We played in the sand; went swimming; ate lunch on our blanket; played some more and decided it was time to get home for nap/rest time.

After an uneventful nap/rest time we pulled out the kiddie pool and filled 'er up! Throw a bunch of bath toys in there and it's a party:) I pulled my beach chair right up to the edge of the pool and dipped my feet in the water....perfect way to cool down! The boys had a ball!Joe pulled out our handy-dandy travel grill (small house = small grill = same wonderful grilled taste!!) and made dinner while we played....have I mentioned I love summer? I do. What a perfect picture: kids playing in the pool; mom sunning herself while watching the kids (and getting the 'occasional' splash) and dad grilling up some dinner!We ended up getting dinner on the table close to 7 and the boys gobbled up their food and had seconds and thirds! That's one way to get them to eat a lot of dinner; let them play a ton outside and eat at 7pm! The sun made me hungry too - nothing tastes better than a home-grilled meal after a day in the sun:)

After a quick bath the boys were in bed and I get to sit here and reflect on the wonderful summer day we just had....it puts a smile on my face to know that summer is nowhere near done and that we will have many more days like today - filled with heat, sun and water!

*Random side note: we ran out of sunscreen in the afternoon after I had sprayed the kids and half of myself - I tried to spray what I could onto my thighs and thought it would do the trick. HA. I now have a strange burn with non-burned SPOTS on my thighs where the sunscreen hit me with those last few sprays..hott mama I tell ya. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment