Tuesday, August 17, 2010

10 on Tuesday

1. I'm getting old....well 1 year older:) My birthday was yesterday! I had a wonderful day:) I'm now closer to 30 than I was to 20 (code for: I'm 26)

2. My boys must've known it was my birthday because they slept in! Ethan: 7:15am Judah: 7:30am BEAUTIFUL way to start the day!

3. Yesterday I had a great friend from college over (we're still great friends; we just met at college!) she loves playing with my kiddos and they love to play with her! She even brought me a Starbuck's Raspberry Mocha Frappachino for my special day:) Love you Heather!

4. In the evening Joe brought me out for dinner (kids were dropped at my parents) at Noodles and Company...yummm....I had a coupon for free noodles for my b-day which made it even better!

5. Joe then surprised me by bringing me down to IKEA! I had mentioned how I would LOVE to spend time just looking around and getting ideas and NOT having a time frame to leave....so that's what we did! We walked around for almost 2 hours!

6. I ended up finding a perfect shelf for my homeschool stuff and we got it! Along with baskets and folder things and an easel with chalkboard/white board/paper for my homeschooling adventures! Can you tell I am excited to homeschool!! That will be a whole new post about all that...

7. We were able to plan a short notice sleepover for the kids so Joe and I had the night to ourselves! very nice:) Then I slept in till 8am!

8. We went to the Farmer's Market today (I love it when Ethan says "let's go to the market!") They had apples for $5/3 lb bad and I only had $2...I asked if they would give us a smaller bag and he ended up giving us the SAME number of apples just the 'sample' size that were smaller; win for us - the kids LOVE the smaller size!

9. Ethan and Judah are becoming such good buds....so cute to watch! They give each other high 5's; hug each other; make the other laugh; say 'it's ok' if there's an owie and the list goes on! They know each other so well that they also know what BUTTONS to push on the other to make them mad.....argh.

10. Last Saturday I got some more ink! I already have a tattoo on my ankle and I just added the Greek word for 'content' on my shoulder-blade. Once it's healed I'll post a pic and the story behind the Greek word choice:)

No comments:

Post a Comment