Tuesday, August 31, 2010

early start

Ethan and Judah have been waking early lately - they had a brief trial run of sleeping past 7...that lasted about a week. We're back to 6am now. sigh.

Anyways - I've been trying to embrace their early rising and using that time to be productive (in the past I would lay on the couch and moan and groan as they played...) So, yesterday when they got up early we headed to the grocery store - we were at Rainbow by 8:30; home and unpacked by 9:45; at the YMCA by 10:30! whew.
This morning I decided to have Ethan try some of his worksheets for school...HE LOVED THEM. (I found them on www.schoolexpress.com) I had 2 prepared for him and he asked for 'more and more' so he ended up doing 6-7 I think!
He had to connect the matching pictures - I was impressed with how well he did (aka: he got them ALL RIGHT on his first try on his own...)
My studious 3 year old:) He wanted to do more and more! Good thing I am taking this afternoon to get all the rest of my supplies for activities! I think we're going to start our reading sections (I'm using Sonlight 4/5 for that) next week after Labor Day.

While he was busy on those I found a promising recipe using rolled oats (we get those on WIC) in banana muffins and whipped up a batch. So, here I sit at 8am - wide awake, muffins in the oven, Ethan a happy student and Judah playing wonderfully. Here's hoping that all our school days will run so smoothly:) disclaimer: I am full aware that they won't. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment