Monday, August 9, 2010

I love you more than...

When I was younger my Grandpa Traver always would say this rhyme to me (well each of us...and he still does!)

Do you know how much I love you?
Higher than the highest mountain and deeper than the deep blue sea!

I've been saying that to Ethan since he was born and he has a cute rendition of the answer when I say 'do you know how much I love you?' - I can't recall how he exactly recites it but it's pretty close to the original....that's not the point of my story.

Here's the point.....

Ethan and I were playing before bed and I grabbed him for a quite cuddle - I was expecting him to squirm out of it and continue playing but instead he cuddled in. awwh.

I said to him "I love you"

He said to me "I love you"

I repeated to him "I love you"

He said to me (very excited!) "I LOVE YOU MORE THAN MY TOYS!!"

I melted. Right there on the floor. What a wonderful thing to hear from your 3 year old!

I then went on to say my little rhyme about how much I love him; he answered with "I love you more than my rocket and more than the music bug and more than all the books!" awwwwhh.
I really do love him higher than the highest mountain and deeper than the deep blue sea!

No comments:

Post a Comment