Monday, August 23, 2010

Home School!

I am so excited to start preschool with Ethan! Joe and I have decided (God willing) to home school our kids and the time has finally come to start; I'm going to do a 3 day (give or take) preschool with Ethan and mr. Judah gets to come along for the ride if he so pleases:)

I'm doing a morph of Sonlight curriculum and the Montessori approach - so lots of storytimes and hands on activities! Sounds like a fun preschool to me:)

I tried out an activity I read about with the boys this afternoon and they both loved it - stringing cheerios on uncooked spaghetti. Sounds easy enough but you have to be careful to not break the fragile spaghetti and keep the cheerios on! Ethan got the hang of it quickly and (believe it or not) Judah got a few on himself! The look on Judah's face when he was concentrating on threading the cereal on was PRICELESS- pure determination and focus. I wish I was quick enough to get a snapshot of it!

I think these two will be great preschool buddies!
And don't worry all you 'home-school-kids-are-sheltered-and-have-no-social-interactions' people out there...my boys have PLENTY of social interactions - they are both social butterflies! They LOVE going to the KidStuff at the YMCA, Sunday School/Nursery at Church, ECFE (Judah's in it this year and Ethan in sib.care) and playing with their cousins! They have NO shortage of social time with peers their age.

All this to say: I am excited for the school year! I've been talking to Ethan about his school and how I am his teacher and he is joining me in my excitement:) I'm going to try and document some of the activities I do with the boys (either Ethan or both) on here so I can remember them on a rainy afternoon....and if anyone wants to try them out too!

Here comes the adventure called home schooling!

No comments:

Post a Comment