Saturday, November 13, 2010

Snow is here!

Today it SNOWED! A lot! My boys were so excited for it:) After a lot of anticipation we finally made it outside...at 9am. You have to understand that we get up early around here so they had to 'wait' till 9! Ethan was SO pumped! Out we went! (me and the boys...Joe had to get new tires pronto!) Ethan ran out into the snow with a squeal of delight! Judah followed suite and ran out into the fresh snow - and then landed FLAT ON HIS FACE! Poor kid...didn't know what hit him! He spent the rest of the time outside sitting on the front step watching us - he was very happy though! He loved watching all the snow fall and talking to Ethan and myself:) I pulled out our summer sand castle molds and Ethan and I made 'snow castles'! It was the perfect sticky snow for it - we also made a snowman:) *our snow castles are in front of him*Ethan was my snow buddy! So fun! We went in after an hour and had a snack of hot cider and brownies (at 10am....ah well) Then we did a winter-y craft; we drew on black paper with white crayon a picture and then used a glue stick to show where the 'snow' would be in the picture. I got out some old (really old) baby oatmeal and we sprinkled it on our glue and shook off the access! They loved it!
We hung out inside for the rest of the morning; ate lunch; had our rest time and then went back out in the afternoon! I taught Ethan how to make snow angels - he's a pro now!
I normally strongly dislike winter (I hate the word hate) but I feel like this winter may be different - my kids are old enough to 'enjoy' the outdoors and I get to as well! It truly was fun to make snowman and snow angels outside! Now, if only I can keep that attitude in the middle of February....I'm sure Ethan will help me:)

No comments:

Post a Comment